Anxiety
Dear Frank,
This is how I live with this anxiety…
It loves me so much, it doesn’t let me entertain you.
It makes me think of numerous things you aren’t doing wrong, so I’ll sulk more and be with it
Makes me scream at the pillow, tap my leg and avoid eye contact
Makes me send long paragraphs, short ones, and nothing at all
It allows me to have conversations with myself over and over again, so when I’m communicating with you, you never understand what I’m saying,
It makes my hand sweat, my head hurt and my throat dry
Last week, I heard the whisper so loud when it said “ I should release my hands from the wheel”
It tells me things like “ you aren’t good enough”
Makes me cry, a little harder till my chest burn and I spend hours trying to figure out who I am
Makes me leave messages unread, and drives close friends away
Loves to see me lose, maybe a little harder
Takes this confidence, and makes me say “yes” even though I badly want to say “No”
It makes me pace around the house uncertain of what I want
Keeps all the tabs open in my head and forget to lock
I lock the door twice, but I still rush back to check if it’s locked, if the gas is still on, and if the tap is on…
Makes me start, forget, re-start and at the end deliver the worst part of the assignment
Makes me love you with questions, dreadful thoughts, and fear
Yesterday It made me think that the gateman was a hired Assassin hired to end my life, and my neighbors know but are all in the script
Makes me in a hurry to see you, cause I don’t know how long I’ll be here
It gives me shivers contemplating if you love me or you are pitying the crumps I have become of myself
This anxiety is jealous of you, hates that I love you, and that is why it wants to go through your phone, start an argument, and imagine the worst of every conversation you have with your friends on the phone.
It hates that I want to hold you, that is why, I’m asking questions about why your heart is beating that way, cause it has told me that you are cheating and your heart is only racing because you are guilty and sorry that I’m foolishly in love with you.
This anxiety loves me in wicked ways, cause why did I decide to let you go, instead of fixing what we already have?
Damn it if this doesn't hit close to home. The fact that we feel insecure even when there is absolutely no reason to feel that way. Gosh, the things the human heart goes through.
ReplyDeleteNice one again Sim
Knowing you!!
ReplyDeleteI can tell this is how your mind gets.
You’ll be fine.
The images,Can't get it out of my head. You are an artist Sim
ReplyDeleteBeutiful piece my love
ReplyDeleteBeutiful piece my love
ReplyDeleteI can relate. Absolutely
ReplyDeleteThis is incredible, but the thing is always follow your instincts, regardless of how you feel.
ReplyDelete